09 Jul We’re Hiring: Grants Compliance Director
General Nature of Position
The Grants Compliance Director has overall responsibility for ensuring NYSCASA and its grantees effectively fulfill funding requirements and expectations. This is a full-time, exempt position.
The ideal candidate has strong project management skills, excellent attention to detail, and excels in building relationships. The ideal candidate has:
- a strong knowledge base regarding nonprofit grant requirements, including generally accepted accounting principles
- success ensuring compliance with rules and regulations
- excellent time management skills
- experience using QuickBooks or similar financial management software
- effective verbal and written communication skills and a commitment to inclusive, collaborative approaches
- a valid driver’s license
- Ensure NYSCASA’s Compliance—
- Work as a team member with program and administrative staff, including holding/conducting meetings with internal colleagues to achieve results
- Review each funding award for rules, regulations, special conditions, and other expectations
- Confirm agency compliance with funding requirements; develop policies/ procedures in collaboration with other staff as needed to ensure agency compliance with existing, new, and evolving requirements
- Maintain well-organized, up-to-date files containing documentation needed to respond to compliance-related requests
- Serve as the agency’s primary procurement officer
- Prepare or review contracts for NYSCASA vendors, consultants, and grantees to ensure completeness, accuracy, and compliance with requirements, and submit to Executive Director for signature
- Prepare complete, accurate financial reports and submit to funders on time
- Review/edit statistical/progress narrative reports prepared by others and submit complete, accurate reports to funders on time
- Respond to funders’ requests for information, backup documentation, etc.
- Serve as the lead staff person preparing for an audit or site visit conducted by a funder
- Assist the Senior Director of Finance and Human Resources with the agency’s annual financial audit, payment requests, payables, and other tasks as needed
- Ensure NYSCASA Grantees’ Compliance—
- Collect all reports, backup documentation, and other items needed from grantees to comply with funding requirements in a systematic and timely manner
- Review reports and documentation from grantees carefully, follow-up with questions/concerns as needed, and file reports in an organized fashion for pass-through funding:
- Sexual Assault Services Program (SASP) Project
- Prison Rape Elimination Act (PREA) Project
- Sexual Violence Prevention Project
- Conduct one desk audit per quarter for each pass-through funding project
- Conduct on-site monitoring visits to at least four grantees per year
- Other Activities—
- Represent NYSCASA on committees, meetings, community events, conferences, and listservs
- Complete required reports and paperwork
- Participate in professional development
- Attend NYSCASA meetings
- Assist with NYSCASA’s annual conference and any other events
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Senior Director of Finance and Human Resources
Starting Salary: $41,000
Reports to: Senior Director of Finance and Human Resources
Prepared June 2019
New York State Coalition Against Sexual Assault (NYSCASA) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
NYSCASA seeks affirmatively to employ staff reflective of and sensitive to the needs of the diverse communities affected by sexual violence in New York State. NYSCASA, in accordance with the requirements of federal and state laws, does not discriminate against any employee, applicant for employment, or volunteer due to race, age, sex, religion, color, national origin or ancestry, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, military status, veteran status, or other protected status.
NYSCASA strongly values diversity and inclusiveness. All are encouraged to apply.
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume by email to Sam Mitchell, firstname.lastname@example.org.