NYSCASA is a nonprofit organization dedicated to ending sexual violence.
Formed in 1987 by rape crisis advocates as a mutual support group, the mission and purpose of the New York State Coalition Against Sexual Assault rapidly evolved from basic networking. The Coalition grew to include technical assistance, resource development and policy advocacy for the more than 100 Rape Crisis programs, sister agencies and collaborators statewide that work with survivors of sexual violence and their families.
Today, we work with local, regional state and national organizations all of whom are dedicated to ending sexual violence.
NYSCASA has steered successful campaigns for increased state funding to Rape Crisis Programs, improved access to criminal courts for survivors of sexual violence and we continue to advocate for the enhancement of the over-all health and criminal justice response to sexual assault.
- To respond to issues of sexual assault with a strong collective voice
- To promote change in public policy and legislation to benefit survivors of sexual assault
- To increase prevention programming
- To advocate for the sustenance and growth of Rape Crisis Programs across New York State
- To advocate for the needs of all sexual assault survivors
- To develop a networking alliance among all organizations concerned about sexual assault
- To confront societal denial of the impact of sexual violence by providing information and resources to the public