NYSCASA Training and Technical Assistance
NYSCASA is funded to provide training and technical assistance to professionals in the field, schools and colleges, not for profit agencies, researchers, legislators, and the general public. Information is available through our website, telephone or email inquiries, or through standard or specialized trainings that can be tailored to your needs for different age groups and audiences.
- Clery Act
- Dating Violence
- Stalking and Technology
- People of Color
- People Living with a Disability
- Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgendered and Questioning
- Preservation and Collection
- SANE Forensic Evidence Collection Kit
- Grant writing
- Special Events
Laws & Legislation
- Sexual Assault
- Criminal Justice
- Legal Advocacy
Trauma and Recovery
- Short Term Impact of Sexual Violence
- Long Term Impact of Sexual Violence
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Alternative Therapies
- Vicarious Trauma and Self-Care
Trainings are available for one-hour to full days and can be designed to meet the specific needs of your audience.
40-hour training for Advocates is available through your local rape crisis programs. See the list for the program nearest you to get more information about schedule. A 40-hour training is available for Sexual Assault Nurse Examiners, which includes 20-hours on-line for convenient access 24/7. More information is available on our website.