04 Oct Pivots in Prevention: College Campus Sexual Violence Prevention and COVID-19
Join PreventConnect to learn about prevention strategies on college campuses during COVID-19 and beyond.
From 2:00 PM until 3:30 PM ET
At Virtual Event
Presented by PreventConnect
As college campuses make plans to bring students back to in-person instruction this fall, campus prevention practitioners are rethinking strategies and approaches to prevent sexual and intimate partner violence. The COVID-19 pandemic has impacted students on multiple fronts including access to basic needs and highlighting the importance of community connection. As students return to campus, prevention practitioners are pivoting to meet the needs of students including thinking expansively about their partnerships in prevention. Join PreventConnect and guests from the University of California, Berkeley and the Missouri Coalition Against Domestic and Sexual Violence to learn about the strategies they are implementing on two-year and four-year college campuses and their visions for the future.
- Describe the impact and context of COVID-19 on campus sexual violence prevention programs
- Identify opportunities for innovative on and off-campus partnerships
- Discuss the possibilities of community-engaged prevention on college campuses
- Huvona Watkins, Partnerships Development Coordinator, Missouri Coalition Against Domestic and Sexual Violence
- Mariana Matthews, Prevention Manager, PATH to Care Center, UC Berkeley